Körner’s Folly is seeking a friendly, curious, and dependable person to join our team as a Visitor Services Associate, and help share the fascinating story of this historic house museum!
This position is part-time with hourly pay of $13.00. Shifts are 9:30 am – 4:00 pm, Tuesday – Saturday. Occasional evening and weekend shifts may be scheduled at least a month in advance.
Visitor Services Associates are responsible for the following:
- Opening and closing gift shop and historic house museum
- Welcoming and introducing visitors to the history of Körner’s Folly, Körner family, Kernersville, and the American Victorian era
- Working alongside staff and volunteers to provide excellent museum experiences for all visitors
- Following protocols for online and in-person ticketing and gift shop sales
- Tidying, restocking, and arranging gift shop as needed
- Practicing preventative collections care and assist with collections management under the direction of the Operations & Programs Manager
- Providing excellent customer service to all visitors and make recommendations for shopping, dining, lodging, and more to enjoy in Kernersville
- Answering visitor questions and conducting historical research
- Assisting with setup and implementation of educational programming and special events such as Girl Scout Day, Homeschool Day, Family Fun Day, Vintage Market, Christmas by Candlelight, and the Kernersville Oktoberfest
- Providing administrative support to Operations & Programs Manager and Executive Director
- Customer service
- Retail Point of Sale
- Public speaking
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of historical research or museum education background a plus!
Work is performed in an office and historic house environment with moderate physical activity, involving climbing stairs and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Reliable transportation
- Clean criminal background check
- Valid, up-to-date government identification (2 forms)
To apply, please send resume to Brittany Ashby, Operations & Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call the office at (336) 996-7922.